Sunday, March 8, 2015

Saturday March 7th

In the morning, I decided to do some household chores. I purchased a solar motion detector at Harbor Freight which is a great hardware type store. They have a three day sale every year in March and it was on Friday and the weekend. They have great deals year round but even better during the sale. There are many locations across the country.

I put it up on the patio, so that it will come on and light up the whole on side of the trailer. We had a breakin into our storage shed before we arrived. They stole an electric drill, and a multimeter, thats about all I can see was taken. We were lucky, our neighbors on one side had $4,400 worth of hand tools stolen, they do work for Habitat for Humanity. My neighbor two doors down had his pressure washer and other items stolen. The creeps cut a hole in the chain link fence.

The neighbor that had the $4,400 worth of tools stolen now has two motion dectector lights installed at the back and they work great.

I have another one on order that I will install when it gets here. It may not stop them, might just make it more difficult. Better than doing nothing is my thought.

We had made arrangement to go see our girls at 1PM. Karelly got ahold of us in the morning by hangouts, telling us there was shooting. We really couldn't get more details, so I said to Katie that Progreso would still be very busy because it was Saturday and that it would be safe for us to go. We told Karelly that and she said ok.

Livario and the girls picked us up at the pharmacy, and we went to their casa. Erika had some lunch ready. We spend a great afternoon with the girls, and I played Frisbee with Livy for quite a while, with a frisbee we had brought them.

We brought the girls clothes that Katie picked out for each of them, and they loved them. We also brought three quilts made specially for them by Lynne Bruce who is the wife of Don Bruce who I used to work with. I fixed Lynne's computer for her, and she insisted on making quilts for the kids.


Lynne put their initials on the quilts, and she even put pictures of cars on the quilt for Eric. The kids just loved them. Many thanks Lynne!

Lenny who we met the other day came over. By about 5 Katie and I were planning on leaving but Erika wanted us to stay until 6:30 until Livario came back. We said ok.

Turns out while I was outside playing with Livy, Erika told Katie that when Karelly turns 15 they will have a quinceanera for her...see below

http://classroom.synonym.com/ceremony-performed-mexican-girl-turns-15-16956.html

Erika told Katie that instead of having the party on her birthday as is usually the case, they are going to have it in March when we are there. Erika wanted to know from Katie whether I dance. Katie said sure he does (funny....my brother doesn't). Erika said Karelly and the family wanted me to have the first dance with Karelly. What an honor and privilege for me. Made my eyes moist I can tell you that much. I love that girl.

I didn't know any of this yet when we were now getting ready to leave. Livario started to dance with Karelly without music. Then I took Livy and started to dance with her. Then Karelly came over and started to dance with me, slow dance style.

It was obvious this was a bit of a test, and with the smiles on everyone's faces I passed with flying colors! Yeah!

Livario and the girls then drove us to the bridge, and the girls walked us to the turnstiles where you have to insert 30 cents each. Lots of hugs and kisses, and we made arrangements to come back Wednesday. Katie is going to make dinner for them. Erika said she is going to make a special soup.

Can't tell you what a great afternoon we spend with the family and the girls. We get to give and get so much love. Livy is so special, she is extremely affectionate. We get hugs many times out of nowhere and for no particular reason. We love her immensely. Karelly is always busy so the quantity is not as much but the quality is there and very often. When we got out of the car at the bridge, she immediately grabbed my hand and we got lots of hugs.

Here are some of the pictures Katie took...




Katie and I came back, had supper and settled in for the night.

And so ends another great day in the Valley!

more later...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Pages

Download Theme

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Fav Music U can pick from list

About Us

My photo
Every Year for the past few years, Katie and I journey to Pharr, Texas, where we have a mobile home in Paradise Park. We also sponsor three girls in Nuevo Progeso, Mexico, so they can go to school. We travel to Mexico to see the kids, with Sr. Maureen Crosby who runs the program and our friends Ken and Vickey, who are Sr. Maureen's constant helpers. Starting last year we also go by ourselves several times

photos from past years

Followers