Thursday, March 5, 2015

Wednesday March 4th

This is one of those shopping days...shop...shop...shop....spend...spend...spend

Katie and I hit Costco first, procured some needs and some impulse buying. What? Not enough snacks?

Then we hit Walmart, I forgot my jeans at home, so got me a pair. We got little Eric a pair of running shoes as the ones he was wearing no longer had any soles on them and they were too big for him. We decided to do our grocery shopping there instead of going to HEB.

Katie got all her fresh veggies so that she can do her juicing. She has maintained her 60 lb weight loss since last year, awesome!

Then we had to go to Tiger Direct, as I mistakenly took my computer cord home last year for the computer I leave at the trailer. The cord was $6.95 here and same cord $19.95 at Walmart. I also got a new Docsis 3 modem for Time Warner Internet. Time Warner used to have no monthly charge for the modem, then they instituted a $5.95 charge per month, within a couple of months they upped it to $8.95...what a pathetic money grab!

I will get that installed and get Time Warner to Activate it. If it works well, That charge will be gone, I will return their modem and get my $50 deposit back. The modem will pay for itself in no time.

It was very warm today, and after shopping just about all day, we discovered the air conditioning in the trailer is not working. Oh Oh...more $$$. We called someone my friend Al used, and they will come Thursday morning. It was hot so we had lots of fans going.

Katie and I went for a walk in the evening and it was beautiful.

Overnight though and for the next few days the temperature is supposed to drop about 40 degrees. What a difference!...as I write this in the morning I have the heat on.

but regardless..and so ends another great day in the Valley!

more later...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Pages

Download Theme

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Fav Music U can pick from list

About Us

My photo
Every Year for the past few years, Katie and I journey to Pharr, Texas, where we have a mobile home in Paradise Park. We also sponsor three girls in Nuevo Progeso, Mexico, so they can go to school. We travel to Mexico to see the kids, with Sr. Maureen Crosby who runs the program and our friends Ken and Vickey, who are Sr. Maureen's constant helpers. Starting last year we also go by ourselves several times

photos from past years

Followers